Eating all flavors of yogurt so you don't have to.

Friday, August 6, 2010

“At the corner of Glenwood and the 3400 East Block of Polly Grimshaw Trail”

(Written by Kaela, Posted by Adam)

Four of the regular Yogurt Eaters assembled today at Park Ridge Park were we (Jessica, Dennis, Adam, and myself, Kaela) sampled 21 different flavors, spanning 5 brands/types of yogurt. Overall, it was a fairly boring session. We didn’t purchase any outstanding flavors, and our ratings reflected the mediocrity of our choices. The Dannon Light and Fit flavors were mostly normal, and brought in averages around the 11-12 range. The Pineapple Coconut was clearly our least favorite Light and Fit of this round, but with an average of 9, it wasn’t too bad.

The Yoplaits were also pleasant, but none of them were particularly dazzling. The Strawberry Cheesecake was slightly distressing, as I am not a fan of “desert” yogurts. The others agreed, and that flavor received the lowest average of the set. I would also like to point out that Yoplait isn’t kidding when they say THICK and Creamy. It was so viscous that when I put it in my mouth I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it. It took a fair bit of swishing - and dare I say - chewing, for me to feel comfortable swallowing it, which is an experience I’ve never had while eating yogurt.

Next up were the Food Club yogurts, which were…odd. I don’t think many of us found their taste to be repulsive, but the flavors didn’t quite mimic the fruits they claimed to be impersonating. Most of them had a distinctly sweet taste, but if I were blindfolded and asked what flavor of yogurt I was eating, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t have come up with a plausible answer for any of the Food Club flavors. All in all, they were bland and unappealing.

We saved the Breyers Inspirations for last, hoping they would swoop in and save the day, mesmerizing us with brilliant yogurt flavor. The first two we tried were a disappointment (Chocolate Chip and Mint Chocolate Chip). Both had a surprisingly sour taste, accompanied by obviously artificially created chocolate bits. However, once away from the chocolate, the Strawberry was a stand out. It was the perfect consistency, and full of delicious flavor. All agreed that it was our best yogurt of the day.

Newsflash! EAFYIDPET will be meeting this weekend! In an effort to finish all of the flavors of yogurt in a timely manner, we are going to start meeting more than twice a week. So look for another post this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment